A strong candidate has 3-5 years related experience and/or master’s degree. They are a self-starter, able to quickly develop new skills, familiar working with socio-economic and demographic data sets (e.g., census, CDC Wonder), and are interested in policy research and its direct implications in organizations and communities. They should have strong written and oral communication skills and be comfortable presenting work to internal teams and client audiences.
Necessary qualifications include:
- Programing in R or Python
- Developing interactive data using Tableau or similar programs
- Strong communication skills
Additional qualifications include:
- Experience utilizing open source GIS (e.g., QGIS)
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing surveys
Status: Full Time or Part Time
Qualifications: Min. 3 years experience
Preferred Location: Greenville, SC
Expected Start: October 2021 (flexible); applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
How to ApplyAnswer the following questions in a document (3 pages or less) and submit along with your resume and a short sample of your written work. Examples might include a policy or research brief, technical analysis and narrative, or report analytics.
- Tell us about a book, article, or idea that has inspired you recently. Why is it inspiring?
- Describe an issue you care deeply about. Why does this issue matter? In what ways do you think our society misunderstands the issue? What do you hope for?
- Describe an ideal project or client.
- Tell us about a coding, data, or research project you've done recently.
Submit your application.